Wednesday 15 February 2012

:: iheartbuttons and you and Instagram.

iheartbuttons and you

Not to be outdone on posting something valentineish yesterday, 
I uploaded this photo to instagram.

I received the most likes than ever! 
was it the heart? 
icon of love...or the buttons? 
or the heart shaped craftiness?

Who nows? but what I do know is.....i heart instagram!
I have come across so many great blogs through the images and kept up with friends who are far away, also look what the filters did with my simple button heart!



Incidentally if your thinking 
red button heart 
is needed in your home.


you will need:
  • embroidery hoop
  • linen/cotton fabric
  • lots of buttons (your colour choice)
  • needle and thread
  • fabric marker

Firstly stretch your fabric onto the embroidery hoop, make it nice and snug. 

Fabric marker in hand drawn your heart.

Start sewing on each button one at a time, keep the buttons close, let them over lap.

Sew your buttons on the perimeter of the heart, don't fill in the whole shape, keep it looking organic.

Try a few contrasting coloured buttons in the mix to keep it looking interesting. I used some yellow ones randomly scattered.

Buttons of different sizes and shapes and hue but really any old buttons will do!

If you give this a go, I would love to see a pic. 
If you share it, great! 
please link back to ouchflower.

P x








2 comments:

  1. No wonder you got so many likes - it's gorgeous! I always knew there were some beautiful creative applications for buttons :) I love the background on your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.